This is my “Get The F* Home” bag.
I grow so tired of watching prepper videos that have a mind numbing monologue about how to build something. So I cut this one to less than 1.5 minutes and I don’t say a word.
Do you really need me to touch and explain each item in the bag? Explain why I use that item? If so let me know and I’ll send you an email.
* DragoGear Tracker 3 Day Pack (Please note I have changed backpacks! I am now using the London Bridge Trading 3 Day Assault Pack. http://goo.gl/qwAeEo It has a little more room than the Drago and that is the ONLY reason I changed. Well that and the sale price of $69.99).
* 7 x 8 foot lightweight tarp
* SOL Thermal Survival Sleeping Bag
* 4 5×7 thermal blankets
* 100 Feet 550 Paracord
* 200 Feet Bank Line (easier to tie nearly as strong as paracord)
* Adult oversized rain poncho
* Sawyer water filter
* Firearm and Ammo (Pistol and Pistol Caliber Carbine)
* Duct tape (indispensible)
* Garmin GPS (its old but works)
* Fire Starter kit
* wax soaked cotton balls
* push striker
* several BIC lighters
* Zippo Lighter (need to get fluid)
* In the tins, are this: http://youtu.be/xv17S58YDQA?list=UUnZY35tHq587Wp4wsc06h2A
* Beef jerky. Normally I carry Cliff Bars as well but I cycle the food out of the bag
* Brita Water bottle and Nalgene Bottle (lid strap chewed courtesy of Dixie) Changing to a Sawyer and going to include water purification tablets too.
* First Aid Kit with all manner of “stuff” from Boo Boo fixes to major trauma. I carry a supply of O.B. Tampons as well. They are great for puncture wounds and will soak up… go figure… blood.
* OFF wipes, wet wipes, tissue and hand warmers in the MISC category
* Spare batteries (need some AA)
* Paper notebooks, writing utensils
* Glow Sticks
* LED Flashlights (I love the NEBO brand)
* All manner of blades and a couple of multi-tools