It really is that simple…
I am so freakin’ tired of the stupid debates going on… I refuse to participate in most (save for gun control). Here’s my take… some of this I read before…
1. Gay marriage. Don’t like gay marriage? Cool. Don’t have one.
2. Pornography. Don’t like porn? Cool. Don’t watch it.
3. Guns. Don’t like guns? Cool. Don’t buy one.
4. Don’t like God/Religion? Cool. Don’t participate.
5. Don’t like Big Gulps? Cool. Don’t buy/drink one.
… the list is endless really. Helmet laws, even licensing drivers. And marriage in general, who the hell made that a government function to regulate anyway?
Laws should be centered on what hurts others directly. The government should not be in the business of regulating morality, save for the physical protection of others. Driving a car too fast? Yeah, we need laws. Driving drunk. Same. Your decision to drive drunk can directly affect me.
I am tired of other people trying to force what they believe are the “correct” moral standards on me.
The Wiccan Rede pretty much covers how I feel. And it harm none, do what ye will.
And by the way… in all of this? You forcing your stance on me falls in the same category.